The Tackle Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This season sucks

4 posters

Go down

This season sucks Empty This season sucks

Post by kim January 29th 2011, 8:14 am

Well. What can I say. No fish this year on the ice for me, and it looks like we are not gonna be driving on any lakes for a month or more with all the snow and flood water. Was looking forward to a perch supper and heading to Calling for some Walleye too. Even Pigeon is iffy now. We need +10 degree weather for two weeks to melt some snow then - 30 for two more after to refreeze it all, to str8-ten things out. I sure wish I would have got my sled going over the summer now. Well, maybe next year? The good part is some of this water will be raising some water levels in the lakes a tiny bit. Just a tiny wee bit tho.

kim

Back to top Go down

This season sucks Empty Re: This season sucks

Post by HORSETRADER January 30th 2011, 6:51 pm

kim wrote:Well. What can I say. No fish this year on the ice for me, and it looks like we are not gonna be driving on any lakes for a month or more with all the snow and flood water. Was looking forward to a perch supper and heading to Calling for some Walleye too. Even Pigeon is iffy now. We need +10 degree weather for two weeks to melt some snow then - 30 for two more after to refreeze it all, to str8-ten things out. I sure wish I would have got my sled going over the summer now. Well, maybe next year? The good part is some of this water will be raising some water levels in the lakes a tiny bit. Just a tiny wee bit tho.

Pigeon is not good I went to pigeon today went to go down the road that is plowed got part ways down and went through the flood ice
ended swimming with my quad. Had a heck of a time getting it out 2' of water and 3' of snow and ice wall. Was soaked then I got out
so gave up fishing for the day.LOL don't know when it will freeze up again if it even does.
HORSETRADER
HORSETRADER

Back to top Go down

Post by kim January 31st 2011, 6:48 am

-27 at my house this morning, should help a little. Need a month of cold tho, -30 or so. How did you get it out? You got a winch? That must have been hard and cold getting the quad out in the cold and being wet. Cant imagine what that was like.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post by The Anvil February 10th 2011, 12:14 am

I have to agree what a crappy season... Evil Grin
The Anvil
The Anvil
Admin

http://thetacklebox.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN February 13th 2011, 11:25 pm

no doubt even if i was able to be out its either -30 or warm enough you need to bring your hip waiters and swim suit .
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

http://www.catch-n.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=11916  ,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down