The Tackle Box
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC.

+6
silverado7
redneck posse
JohnAB
The Anvil
fisharefun
BIG BAD JOHN
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. Empty HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC.

Post by BIG BAD JOHN October 27th 2008, 2:00 am

I know theres a few members who both hunt and fish thought id start this post here.
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

http://www.catch-n.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=11916  ,

Back to top Go down

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. Empty Re: HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC.

Post by BIG BAD JOHN October 27th 2008, 2:15 am

Heres some reasent pictures from our hunt this week. We went down by lodgepole, hunted alot of area. Weather was a huge factor in our sucsess . I was the only one of our group to get anything.

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 001-4
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 005-4
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 006
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 003-3
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 004-4
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 002-3
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 008-3
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 009-4
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. Logepoleonwayhome
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. Empty Re: HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC.

Post by fisharefun November 2nd 2008, 10:26 pm

I went hunting down near gull lake this weekend and got 2 whitetail deer a buck and a doe was pretty good saw lots of mules too.
fisharefun
fisharefun

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 3rd 2008, 3:41 pm

Sweet Good on ya fisharefun , you get any pictures of them , How big was the Buck ?We were out agian this weekend didnt see much 4 or 5 nice looking does , but didnt get any shots at em . Oh well whats a guy do right .
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 3rd 2008, 3:50 pm

So An early start , Got up at 4:00 this morning , had truck loaded up and gassed up. My sister Becky thursday had asked if it would be alright if she came along Hunting with Kevin ( redneck posse ) and I today . I said sure so off we went . Headed to Wmu 339 . We get down to our area , where we had talked about where we would start , We see a grouse , I take first shot , Damn safety was on , and it flew away , and couldn't see it any long so oh well whatever , we kept going.

Headed down a some other roads , and our first pass we go nothing and on our way back to the main road , I say hey Kevin what that's up there about 250 , 300 yards. It was a doe . Just standing along side the road probably for a good 5 or 10 minutes maybe less but seemed like it . Then she decided to cross the road , she was a really nice big fat Doe . So we put a stalk on her park and do our stalk . In the mean time , nothing she ran off , and Kevin went about 100 to 150 yards from us and walked the edge of the road to see where she went in and to see if he could see anything , Nothing . Then I was showing my sister the difference between , fresh deer tracks to older deer tracks , and then moose tracks from deer tracks . And all awhile Posse was trying to get our attention large group of grouse , well we get up there only gun he had was the . 280 , so we get up there to meet him and grabs the 410 and a handful of shells . And these darn grouse pestered off into the bush no where to be seen .

So we leave our area , continue farther west , and we see 2 grouse along the cut line . Park the truck and hop out . BANG he got the first one and the other ran deep into some very wet boggy muskeg , so we let it go .

We kept seeing quite a few deer I think 4 or 5 really descent does , nice and fat , and this evening as we set up in a cut block and did a little grunting and rattling , we heard a few grunts back , but only from a mulie , doe with fawns .We also saw what id call an average size wolf or the worlds biggest coyote . Would loved to of shot it , but it was on a main road , and well were law biding folks. So we said to heck with it , went down to elk river camp ground had a fire and lunch and a coffee .

Continued after putting our fire out and clean up a bit , cleaned the grouse . We head down a side road nice open field , about 800 yards off the highway . We grab out pail's and filled it up with some sand and shot some rounds. My sister did awesome , missed with her first 1 or2 or 3 shots but by the 4th she was shooting better then Kevin . LMAO . Anyway hope you enjoyed our trip . It was a good day , glad to get my sister out and , to experience shooting a gun for the first time . Enjoy the pictures .

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 003-4
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 005-5
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 004-5
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 006-1
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 009-5
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 008-4
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 007-3
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 010-3
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 012-2
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 013-2
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 014-3
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Anvil November 4th 2008, 9:11 am

Awesome story BBJ and some great pics.... I wish I had come along I would have helped put the stalk on for sure...lol

Been sick since Halloween and all, let me know the next trip you are going and I will join in on the fun.
The Anvil
The Anvil
Admin

http://thetacklebox.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 4th 2008, 1:06 pm

I think were headed out this weekend not fursure buit I think we are.
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fisharefun November 4th 2008, 10:52 pm

Yeah the buck I shot wasn't very old maybe 2 years so antlers were small but not a bad size both are in my freezer now. Nice grouse there BBJ I have never shot a grouse before but I have eaten them and they are pretty good(when they are not eating juniper berries)
fisharefun
fisharefun

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 4th 2008, 11:30 pm

yeah those are rough grouse we got , passed on the spruce grouse.
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnAB November 6th 2008, 4:52 pm

Here is my first yote of the year. Shot at 200 yards with my 300 Bee. Not so fur friendly but dropped the yote where it stood.

[img]HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. IMG_0257[/img]

JohnAB

Back to top Go down

Post by The Anvil November 6th 2008, 8:34 pm

That is a Nice yote there JohnAB. Thanks for sharing!
The Anvil
The Anvil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 6th 2008, 11:21 pm

Nice , nothing wrong with that at all , Good job John.
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fisharefun November 7th 2008, 12:08 am

Thats a pretty big gun for shooting Coyotes must be close to a buck fifty a shot.
fisharefun
fisharefun

Back to top Go down

Post by fisharefun November 7th 2008, 12:18 am

Here are picures of the deer I got on Nov.2 the first sunday ever hunting was allowed. one was taken with my 270 win and the other with 30-06sprg.
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. N878425550_4685726_6494
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. N878425550_4685727_6824
fisharefun
fisharefun

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 7th 2008, 12:22 am

Good stuff glad to see some animal;s coming in guys keep em coming.
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Anvil November 9th 2008, 11:17 am

Nice catch there Fisharefun... thanks for sharing the pics.
The Anvil
The Anvil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck posse November 9th 2008, 12:25 pm

glad someone is hitting what they aim for heck i'm 0-2 in the shoot and miss catagory :oops:
redneck posse
redneck posse

Back to top Go down

Post by silverado7 November 9th 2008, 4:03 pm

My 08 mulie... 300 WSM 325 yrds

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. P1000854
silverado7
silverado7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Anvil November 9th 2008, 8:41 pm

Wow... very nice Silverado7
That is a very nice buck!
The Anvil
The Anvil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fisharefun November 9th 2008, 11:27 pm

Thats a big boy alright
fisharefun
fisharefun

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 10th 2008, 12:45 am

Thats a pig there silverado , good work buddy.
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fisharefun November 10th 2008, 10:38 pm

Actually BBJ thats a deer this is a pig

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. Pig

Just kidding
fisharefun
fisharefun

Back to top Go down

Post by The Anvil November 11th 2008, 12:41 am

lol...either way the both taste GREAT!..lol
The Anvil
The Anvil
Admin

Back to top Go down

HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. Empty got together with Johnab this morning.

Post by BIG BAD JOHN November 11th 2008, 10:52 pm

So It was a bright and snow morning . We get up at 0430 to load up and head out to meet JohnAB . So we get there after horrible road conditions . Not 5 minutes being with him puts us on deer. Does and buck galore.So I loaded up the clip . And get out to where we are huntin , get in a good position , and put the cross hairs on a nice big buck . And It ran away fine , so I moved my attention to a group of 5 of 6 does , and take aim put the cross hairs on the doe I decided , gave me a pretty crappy shot so we passed it up . We changed spots and a different place , and I take aim at a doe at 250 yards , nice broad side shot , and Missed , I was starting to get upset and shaky. So we stopped and moved to a totally different area , had a pop and cooled down relaxed . And we get to the other spot 2 nice does one was much bigger and giving me a broadside shot , I shot at her 4 times got her dancing , and 4 shot thought Id hit it after tracking for a good hour for any sign of blood , nothing so we move out and were satisfied that I missed. So we go back , for a pee , and a pop again . And we head south now , so I'm 0 -3 with 8 shots on deer.I'm getting really upset and angry.So we head south , past where our initial staging area is. We go down a few places , and head to a big open field. A nice buck about 100 yards , I put the cross hairs on it and take a shot , right over his shoulder I get the other bullet in I YELL HEY HEY HEY , and he turned stopped in his tracks , nice broadside shot Right above the shoulders , double lunger as John called it. And it was not 2 seconds from time he was shot to the time he jumped 5 feet in the air, At that point I knew I connected and he was down , doing 2 or 3 circles , we give em a few minutes , and hes done . DEAD I GOT MY BUCK.
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 020
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 022
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 023
Id like to once again say Thanks John , I really really appreciate your expertise.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
John also took a good poke at this coyote.
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 017-2
HUNTING= BIG GAME , BIRDS , GUNS, ETC. 018-1
BIG BAD JOHN
BIG BAD JOHN
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fisharefun November 12th 2008, 12:33 am

Thats a good story there BBJ and a decent buck!

Does anyone know a good place to hunt in WMU 260?
fisharefun
fisharefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next